HELP!!!!!!!!!! She got away how do i catch her

Thenewgoat

Chirping
Sep 3, 2016
I just got some pigeons yesterday they stayed in my house for the night because i have no pen for them (unexpected trade) I traded with someone for them they told me they where flightless and well they are not. I was trying to put them in a small holding cage this morning so they would have more room while i build there new loft. I have 1 pair of Kings, 1 Fantail, 1 Unknown to me, 3 parlor ending up with 3 females and 4 males. Well when putting them in the holding cage one of my parlor females flew up in a tree. This is the first time that we have had pigeons on the property and I have no nest ready for her.

also i had never even see a pigeon until yesterday i am one day new to this whole thing help please.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happened to me recently, as well, with one of my homers. It clearly wanted to get in the loft with it's mate, but couldn't figure out the entrance. I let my fantails out to try and show him the way in and what do you know a hawk went straight for the homer. I was sure it got the homer, but 2 days later, it was in the loft with his mate.

I had one standard white female leave for weeks only to show back up again. My vote is to get that loft built ASAP and her mate installed in it with an nice big bowl of food..

Last edited:
Yes try putting other "parlors" in wire cage all around n put box trap along one side where feed is little inside after pigeons preening strutting n calling.. compfy. Parlors come in two types: parlor rollers which roll on ground (competition lines roll in straight line for hundreds of feet), parlor tumblers jump up and flip once or twice before landing in ideally same spot (when i was a child there were triple flippers I liked better). Parlors mature and can reproduce at about three months, half age of most other pigeons, until then they can fly like Birmingham rollers increasing in frequency and death till they cannot anymore fly at about three months when they'll nest.
I had problem where parlor rollers and parlor tumblers I'd bought turned out to be mixed with Birmingham rollers for hopefully more competitive flying rollers n the parlor rollers would get out n fly around.

Back
Top Bottom