HELP SICK CHICKEN !! Coccidiosis?

Grace8269

Songster
May 30, 2020
My 5 year old hen, Quinn, has been sick the past few days. Her comb is very pale and she is moving very slowly. She still will drink water and eat food. So, I’ve been keeping a closer eye on her. This morning, I went to see her and her tail was down and she was not moving, and standing still. However, she got back up and moving for treats. I attached a picture of her any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6646.jpeg
    IMG_6646.jpeg
    504.2 KB · Views: 30
My 5 year old hen, Quinn, has been sick the past few days. Her comb is very pale and she is moving very slowly. She still will drink water and eat food. So, I’ve been keeping a closer eye on her. This morning, I went to see her and her tail was down and she was not moving, and standing still. However, she got back up and moving for treats. I attached a picture of her any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_6658.jpeg

I just lost my 2 year old Rhode Island Red…sounds like she is egg bound😟 Your girl is showing typical symptoms…tail down, sitting, not very mobile. There is good advice on Egg Bound issues on this channel…magnesium (Epsom salt baths several times a day)
Check the vent…have lubricant)…I used coconut oil and could not palpate an egg
Do not puncture egg if low in her Shute
Our girl lasted at least 7 days with this issue…her egg must have been higher up and her breast area very inflamed 😟. She was so docile and seemed comforted in the magnesium baths…she knew she was loved ❤️

Back
Top Bottom