HELP Silkie eggs shaking for 3 days- NO PIPS YET (day 19)

Leo0722

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
This is my 3rd batch of silkie eggs, but my first time candling them every 3 or so days. Of 6, 4 are left and were looking good at their last candling on day 15. On day 17, they began shaking periodically, but then would stop for hours. Its now day 19, three days later, with no pips and the eggs are continuing to shake. I raised the humidity in my HOVA-Bator incubator (model no. 1582) yesterday and its now in the 70-80% range. Should I be hearing chrips or be seeing any pips after 3 days of shaking?? Is this normal for eggs to shake for this long without any evident progress?

Last edited:
This is my 3rd batch of silkie eggs, but my first time candling them every 3 or so days. Of 6, 4 are left and were looking good at their last candling on day 15. On day 17, they began shaking periodically, but then would stop for hours. Its now day 19, three days later, with no pips and the eggs are continuing to shake. I raised the humidity in my HOVA-Bator incubator (model no. 1582) yesterday and its now in the 70-80% range. Should I be hearing chrips or be seeing any pips after 3 days of shaking?? Is this normal for eggs to shake for this long without any evident progress?
movement is normal, have a look at the section your at in the article and read what they are doing, sounds like you should have chicks day 21
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom