Help! Something is wrong with my hen’s wing. Pic included

scampdel

Hatching
Jul 24, 2019
My hen has a sore on her wing and it’s turning green? She’s also losing feathers on that wing only. I’m a new chicken rescuer so I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. Any advice would help. I’ve attached pics of the good wing and the bad one.
4945F882-7EAC-42AB-92AF-85AAD685BDC9.jpeg
CC4EE3A4-4064-4ABB-A64A-ACAE9EA82A4A.jpeg

The green is probably bruising, but the lump does not look too good. Vet care is best if that is an option for you. If not, then I would clean that well with betadine or hibiclens then apply triple antibiotic ointment.
It's very hard to know the cause of that, could be from injury, impacted feather follicle(s) to skin tumor/abscess.

The green is probably bruising, but the lump does not look too good. Vet care is best if that is an option for you. If not, then I would clean that well with betadine or hibiclens then apply triple antibiotic ointment.
It's very hard to know the cause of that, could be from injury, impacted feather follicle(s) to skin tumor/abscess.
Thank you so much. I have sprayed with antibiotic spray 3X a day and kept ointment on it!

X2. Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom