Help! total newbie not sure what I have!

UKinMaine

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2015
Hello - I'm going to post pics of my 5 chickens. Firstly - any help identifying the breed would be amazing - I got them at the TSC. I think they said rhode island/new hampshire crosses but I'm not certain...... Anyway, they are now about 18/19 weeks - just started laying, we are getting about 2 eggs per day. I'm also just not sure whether there are any roosters in the mix - haven't heard a crow yet, but 3 of them are WAY sweeter then the other two!

These are my first chickens so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I think it's #1 and #3 that I'm suspicious of...... thoughts???

Welcome to BYC!!! :)

All five are 100% pullets!

They are Red Sexlinks (aka Golden Comets, Red Stars, Cinnamon Queens, etc.), a Rhode Island Red/Rhode Island White hybrid that is "sexlinked," females are red with a white under color, and the males are mostly white with some red on their shoulders and yellow hackle, saddle, and tail feathers.

Red Sexlinks are excellent layers of big brown eggs, the industry standard.

Welcome to BYC!!!
smile.png

All five are 100% pullets!

They are Red Sexlinks (aka Golden Comets, Red Stars, Cinnamon Queens, etc.), a Rhode Island Red/Rhode Island White hybrid that is "sexlinked," females are red with a white under color, and the males are mostly white with some red on their shoulders and yellow hackle, saddle, and tail feathers.

Red Sexlinks are excellent layers of big brown eggs, the industry standard.

I agree completely. :eek:)

Great! Thank you so much! Red Sexlinks sounds familiar now you said it- guess I should pay more attention, but I was distracted by the adorable day old chicks and excitement of my 3 kids :) Glad they are all pullets..... Keep those eggs coming!

Great! Thank you so much! Red Sexlinks sounds familiar now you said it- guess I should pay more attention, but I was distracted by the adorable day old chicks and excitement of my 3 kids
smile.png
Glad they are all pullets..... Keep those eggs coming!
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom