help tylan allergic reaction or did I do something wrong

arikli

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
wichita
I had chickens sneezing and gurgling so I gave three of them shots of tylan 50 but I think I got one in the blood stream and now she is turning purple and gasping for air. Is there anything I can do.

OK my husband was holding her because we thought she was a goner but she ended up relaxing and started breathing slowly and feel asleep. That was horrible. Next I'm injecting in the beast. Never again.

Oh my goodness, I'm glad that she is alright. Where did you inject her? The breast is always the best place to inject, but only insert the needle 1/4 inch, and always draw back on the syringe to make sure you are not in a blood vessel or the heart.

I usually draw back for blood but my son ran in while I was injecting so I pulled the needle out and when I went back in to inject her again I didn't draw the second time and when I pulled out I saw blood and freaked. I will always draw back for blood after that. So half her dose went under her skin the other half blood stream. She barely made it. My husband loves his turkin. I thought I got her for me but I was wrong. He always picks her up when he gets home. He was almost in tears he wanted to hold her till she died. She pulled thru. I wish there was a big warning when injecting. Now I know.

Oh my goodness, I'm glad that she is alright.  Where did you inject her?  The breast is always the best place to inject, but only insert the needle 1/4 inch, and always draw back on the syringe to make sure you are not in a blood vessel or the heart.

Oh the neck

Back
Top Bottom