Help, unsure if egg is alive!

DuckBoi7

Hatching
Aug 28, 2022
So I've been incubating some duck eggs and I'm worried about one of them. There was movement and distinct veins for all of development until it grew big enough to fill the whole egg. Now I can't see any veins because most of the egg is dark and sometimes I think I see movement, but it could just be my imagination. The air cell is growing, so I've been holding out hope that it's still alive, but I really can't tell. I'm new at this, and could really use the opinion of a veteran at this. I'll attach pictures below, so let me know if they're not good enough to tell anything. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_105015796_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220828_105015796_HDR.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20220828_104938695_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220828_104938695_HDR.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220828_104924733_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220828_104924733_HDR.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22
What day is it on? Unfortunately, the size of the aircell doesn't mean it's alive or not.
I'm not actually sure anymore. I was pretty sure it was around day 24 or 25, but the whole situation has cast doubts on my mind. Does it look like a certain day to you?

Has the air cell dropped really low on one side yet ?
This looks like baby is close to hatch time. Usually they take up the egg space and you can’t see much
Maybe a little shadowing along the air cell when they move around
My guess would be day 22-26 ish

Has the air cell dropped really low on one side yet ?
This looks like baby is close to hatch time. Usually they take up the egg space and you can’t see much
Maybe a little shadowing along the air cell when they move around
My guess would be day 22-26 ish
I know it's not easy to see, but that's the side profile. And that's about what I was thinking time frame wise, I'm just antsy about every little thing because this is my first time doing this.

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_190201385_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220828_190201385_HDR.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 22
Do you see veins or any flickering movement where the dark to the amber colour is ?
It doesn’t look like the air cell has fully dropped yet but is higher just to the side of the 7
Make sure that’s facing up
I totally get being nervous and worrying
Many of us have done the exact same thing our first time
I still seek advice from a lady on here that helped me with my first batch and I know what I’m doing now :)

Do you see veins or any flickering movement where the dark to the amber colour is ?
It doesn’t look like the air cell has fully dropped yet but is higher just to the side of the 7
Make sure that’s facing up
I totally get being nervous and worrying
Many of us have done the exact same thing our first time
I still seek advice from a lady on here that helped me with my first batch and I know what I’m doing now :)
I don't see any veins, which is what had me worried. And sometimes I think I see movement, but I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not.
And thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom