HELP URGENT

BirdNerd101

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 11, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
I have two issues.
1. My drake has a prolapsed penis. I hae seperated him from the rest and he is outside with clean straw and a clean pond. He will be moved inside with water tommorow. It is pink ecerywher except the tip which is black/brown. Is neosporin okay to apply? I am going on a holiday and will be back in a day. Will he be fine till then not to have any care (just water and feed and a clean pen)? What else can i do? The nearest duck vet is 3 hours away. I have heared that it can take a few months but can heal on its own. Any advice?
2. I also noticed a blood feather on him, when i went to remove it i didnt see it, even after checking him two time. Can they fall out by themselves? How serious are they? I couldnt find anything in the pen.
Any other advice?
Thank you very much

I have two issues.
1. My drake has a prolapsed penis. I hae seperated him from the rest and he is outside with clean straw and a clean pond. He will be moved inside with water tommorow. It is pink ecerywher except the tip which is black/brown. Is neosporin okay to apply? I am going on a holiday and will be back in a day. Will he be fine till then not to have any care (just water and feed and a clean pen)? What else can i do? The nearest duck vet is 3 hours away. I have heared that it can take a few months but can heal on its own. Any advice?
2. I also noticed a blood feather on him, when i went to remove it i didnt see it, even after checking him two time. Can they fall out by themselves? How serious are they? I couldnt find anything in the pen.
Any other advice?
Thank you very much

Sorry to hear that poor fella. Keep him in as clean of an environment as possible. Sometime the problem will correct itself over time. Up to a month. If it looses circulation and dies off the vet can remove it. That's all I know about this. Take care of him and best of luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom