Help! We accidentally brought home mystery chicks!

The 2 circled could be Easter Eggers with their puffy cheeks. Can you post updated pictures?

Attachments

• CAFE08AD-C144-415A-A32C-30D8CF6B791C~2.jpeg
    CAFE08AD-C144-415A-A32C-30D8CF6B791C~2.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 10
I've never heard of a Blue Australorp being a Sex-linked crossing since Blue Australorp exists as another color variety of Australorp. There's Black, Blue, & Splash Australorps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blu...id-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Sapphire Gems are a blue sexlink, I think there's another type, but can't think of it.

Sapphire Gems are Blue Plymouth Rocks crossed with Barred Plymouth Rocks.

Bantams were mentioned in the beginning post.

I may have misread something though. I'm still alittle pooped from yesterday.
1648228010090.png

"...with the exception of any bantam breeds."

So they could pick out any chicks from large fowl tubs. Not to say some dummy didn't put a wrong chick in the tub, but it doesn't appear to be a d'Uccle. I'm exhausted too, so I feel you there. At least my head isn't throbbing like yesterday.

It's nice seeing you use boxes that way in the brooder, I do that too. It gives them something to explore.
It's nice seeing you use boxes that way in the brooder, I do that too. It gives them something to explore.
Could that be a fire Hazzard using cardboard? This is my first time raising chicks I usually get full feathered pullets. How old do they need to be to take the heat lamp away?
ThreeKiller B’s I’m sorry I’m not trying to highjack your thread, thank you for your patience

Back
Top Bottom