Help! What do I have?

NinjaMarie

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2023
The end of May, my boyfriend surprised me with 15 “Top Hat Specials” from Cackle. I have figured out all but one. In the mix were Polish, golden spangled & silver spangled appenzeller spitzhaubens and this little one. I say it’s a little cockerel and my friend says pullet, but we don’t know if he or she is a ru white polish or a silkie or what? It is smaller than the polish chicks. His or her name is Georgie and likes to sit on my arm and eat his/her treat, otherwise the others steal the treat from him. I’m sure it was a comical sight, me following Georgie around the back yard telling him to stand still for his photo shoot🤣😂🤣’ Out of all these chicks, I can only keep four pullets and I am hoping this is one of them. Don’t worry, the rest will be divided up between my sister and a sister in law to add to their flocks.

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0657.png
    IMG_0657.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
It looks like a pullet to me, but I'm no expert. And I have absolutely no idea what kind of chicken Georgie is, but she sounds like a character! And what a unique looking bird!

It looks like a pullet to me, but I'm no expert. And I have absolutely no idea what kind of chicken Georgie is, but she sounds like a character! And what a unique looking bird!
I am so confused as to what she could be. The day they arrived I thought possibly silkie but changed my mind a day or so later after reading up on silkies.

Looks like a pullet! Cockerels would have their pointed saddle and hackle feathers by now. She‘s definitely a Appenzeller Spitzhauben. She also looks to be a chamois Spitz as I know their coloring can be almost all white due to poor breeding.
She is half the size of the golden sand silver spangled so I never considered she could be a chamois

Back
Top Bottom