Help with Breed?

Kino

Chirping
Aug 3, 2015
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
We ordered him from Murray McMurray Hatchery.
The types we ordered are:
Old English Game Bantams
Red Laced Blue Wyandottes
Silver Laced Cochins
Araucanas
Sultans
Belgian Antwerp Bantams
Black Japanese Bantams

I am convinced he's an OEG, but I want to be 100% sure. Any guesses?

He may be an Araucana. And, I have more photos on my phone which is unavailable currently. I'll try to find more in the future.
Gonna go see some photos of Araucana roosters to try and relate. Thank you!

Last edited:
He may be an Araucana. And, I have more photos on my phone which is unavailable currently. I'll try to find more in the future.
Gonna go see some photos of Araucana roosters to try and relate. Thank you!

Might try looking up Easter Egger roosters... the hatchery doesn't have true Araucana's, but they call them that... :/

Oh, that makes sense. I have 2 chicks that I can't identify that are hens (one got out and my dog killed it), but they seemed to of been the same breed. I don't have any clear photos of her, but she's a gray/white chick with amerucana markings on her neck/body. She has a hint of brown in her feathers are well. This may be what you mean by 'Easter Eggers'. The one that died looks the same as the gray/white one, but yellowish orange. This is a photo of the white/gray one, but it's not very clear (she's the small bold white looking one). I have better pictures of her on my phone, but as I mentioned before, it is currently unavailable. Just hoping that this maybe could hint something out?:

Oh, that makes sense. I have 2 chicks that I can't identify that are hens (one got out and my dog killed it), but they seemed to of been the same breed. I don't have any clear photos of her, but she's a gray/white chick with amerucana markings on her neck/body. She has a hint of brown in her feathers are well. This may be what you mean by 'Easter Eggers'. The one that died looks the same as the gray/white one, but yellowish orange. This is a photo of the white/gray one, but it's not very clear (she's the small bold white looking one). I have better pictures of her on my phone, but as I mentioned before, it is currently unavailable. Just hoping that this maybe could hint something out?:
Yep, she's an Easter Egger... that's a term used because they're usually either mixed breeds or mixed color purebreds... usually they have green legs, may or may not have beards/muffs, come in all different colors/patterns, and hens could lay green/blue/brown/pink/cream, etc... She's very pretty! Oh, and the little roo running behind her looks like a Black Breasted Red OEGB... :)

Oh, yeah, she is definitely a beauty! Thank you for all the help - and yes, that little fella is a roo for sure. We're keeping him for breeding since we have a female OEGB. Again, thanks, this all makes a lot of sense now.

Back
Top Bottom