HELP WITH BROODY PLEASE

kays chicks

Songster
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Derby UK
Hi , my silkie x has gone broody ive tryed to get her out of it but i gave in and let her sit on some eggs , its been a week now and ive just candled them and only one is firtile .
QUESTION IS .... can i take these 7 eggs away and replace with other eggs as she has sat on them for 7 days already ? will she know when to stop turning or will she stop to soon ?? ive bought some eggs for my incubator but will give her a few if i can ?? please help
big_smile.png

Your best bet is to not give her the fresh eggs unless you can pop them into the incubator once the hatched one is two days old as she will need to get off the nest to feed her chick. Or, use your bator for the fresh ones and when they are hatched and dried, see if she will adopt them?

Last edited:
Your best bet is to not give her the fresh eggs unless you can pop them into the incubator once the hatched one is two days old as she will need to get off the nest to feed her chick. Or, use your bator for the fresh ones and when they are hatched and dried, see if she will adopt them?
im not 100% there is one the egg is quite mottled so hard to see spider like chick , really dont know what to do for the best ??

update , well put more eggs under her and on day 22 she got off and decided not to sit any longer and go a play with her friends . i candled them and looks like chicks died around day 10 ish
hit.gif
. hetty is very happy and not lost any weight b sitting so long so all is good . im sure she will sit again
love.gif
thanks for your help anyway !! other 30 eggs in incubator are all doing well

Back
Top Bottom