Help with Chicks

ilovechicks1156

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 29, 2014
Chick Egg
Hi Guys Just Wondering when I Can let my Baby Silkes And Austrops Out There 3 weeks already

other thing is how can i tell sex on silkes like if there a roo my black one has a werid head with thicker hair on top does that mean roo?

Hi Guys Just Wondering when I Can let my Baby Silkes And Austrops Out There 3 weeks already

other thing is how can i tell sex on silkes like if there a roo my black one has a werid head with thicker hair on top does that mean roo?
Post some pictures if you would like to, but that's a little too young to sex your babies. Especially with Silkies which can be notoriously hard to sex up until the streamers come in on the crest. Unless yours had a monster comb, you may not be able to tell for a while.

Also, depending on the weather where you are, if they are fully feathered, and have been properly acclimated, they should be able to go outside, mine usually don't until about six weeks in the cooler months just in case, but it's usually around four to five weeks depending on the maturity rate for the breed in question. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom