Mar 19, 2011
Reels Corner, PA.
Hello everyone
so here is the ideas for coop that is now being built only its going to be 4x6
83182_photo0235.jpg

83182_photo0236.jpg

83182_photo0237.jpg

83182_photo0238.jpg

does anyone think that it needs more ventilation than what is pictured? I was trying to tell my hubby that ventilation is a good thing but I keep getting the look. I was thinking of putting a gable vent 12"x12" above the pop door and a window in the people door. Steel roof with a ridge vent.

Is the window in the front the only ventilation? If so, then yes, you need more. I don't remember the exact amount required per bird, but the more ventilation you can provide them the better. If you live where it gets cold, then make the vents so that some of them can be closed. Windows in opposite walls create a draft which is great. It also helps to rid the coop of fumes from decomposing poop and such.

Thank you for the help. now I have to pray for warmer weather so the work can continue. Don't think it will ever quit snowing
83182_photo0293.jpg

Need to get the chickies out of the garage.

Quote:
I wish I had the money for one. Thats why we decided to build our coop. Total cost so far $50.00. Boyfriend is a carpenter so we reused alot of materials from remodeling jobs that would of ended up in the landfill. Actual construction started at the beginning of March.

Back
Top Bottom