Help with eggs and chicks

modestmaiden62

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
I need input on what I should do. I have a hen who has been setting on 9 eggs for 22 days so I thought they were infertile. I took them out from under her tonight and put chicks I bought today under her. Then I brought the eggs in and decided I'd test them and put them into 100 degree water and they floated low in the water. Then they started to move. I had no choice but to put them back out under her along with the chicks that I already put there since it's almost 10:00 PM.

Actually today ( Sunday) is the 22nd day the momma chicken has been setting on her eggs. The little chicks I had bought were fine under her and have started walking around and eating the chick food. The momma hen goes to eat with them but still comes back to the nest. While she was off the nest I didn't see any of the eggs starting to hatch. Man I hope she stays on them long enough for them to hatch. Is there an easy incubator I can make or buy that I can use to give them time to hatch? Or just keep them under a heat lamp till they hatch?

Back
Top Bottom