help with hatching ...

daps2000

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Horse Shoe/Mills River, NC
Ok ... I know I should know a hatch date ... but its been a VERY bad few weeks ... Lost my job ... and Monday I had to put my dog down.
hit.gif

I have several different eggs in the incubator with what I think is a hatch date of Sunday the 20th! So in my stupper I went up stairs to take eggs out of the turner ... hum ... when I candle them the oliver eggers look like only the air sac is showing ... and the others ... well I see a little heart beat in all of them but they look more like 2 weeks not going into a 3rd week ... BLAH! I put them back in the turner and put them back in!

Question: what happens if I just keep turning them ... other than a mess on my turning? Anyone else have chicks hatchin with the turner still going?
hide.gif

Never had a staggered hatch......Did you put eggs in a different times? Put the ones that you think are farther along in a paper cup cake liner, then back in the egg tray....The liner will hopefully catch all the goo.......

The only thing is, you would need to ramp up the humidity for the chicks that are ready to hatch the soonest........

Quote:
No I put them in at the same time ... I have a hen that is broody that I let her sit on the same time that I started the Incubator ... maybe tonight I'll go take a look at a few of her's?

Has anyone left the eggs turning before?

Quote:
Thank you! Happy to share the idea! Latebloomer had a great idea, can you just keep an eye on them and leave them in the turner until you see a pip?

Quote:
Thank you! Happy to share the idea! Latebloomer had a great idea, can you just keep an eye on them and leave them in the turner until you see a pip?

Looks like thats what I'll have to do ... BLAH ... what a bad week!

Back
Top Bottom