Help with minor eye injury/sensitivity ? Sometimes forms bubbles around the eyes.

Hensii

Chirping
Dec 29, 2021
Bahrain-Middle East
My hen ( blind since birth, 5yo) has been acting weird the last couple of days. When bright light is on she shuts her left eye and shields it and only opens it again when it's switched to a cooler light. (She's never done this before)

her left eye looks fine most of the time. But sometimes, especially when she is drinking water I've noticed small bubbles, forming at the corner of her left eye. Once a big bubble formed covering more than half of her eye.She immediately shakes her head and everything clears and goes to normal. She's eating and behaving fine.

Is this a result of her being blind or some underlying injury? Her other eye is perfectly fine.

Bubbles can sometimes be a sign of MG, a respiratory sinus infection. I would rinse the eye with saline or an eye wash twice a day. Then if you can get an antibiotic eye ointment such as Terramycin, Erythromycin, or Neomycin, apply that to the eye after each time.

Bubbles can sometimes be a sign of MG, a respiratory sinus infection. I would rinse the eye with saline or an eye wash twice a day. Then if you can get an antibiotic eye ointment such as Terramycin, Erythromycin, or Neomycin, apply that to the eye after each time.
Thank you! So far she hasn't shown any respiratory infection signs but I'll keep that in mind

Back
Top Bottom