Help with my unknown mutt breeds. Many PICS!

fhdogs

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Southern Vermont
Around the beginning of June I met a local breeder who had chicks available. He invited me over to his farm to pick out the chicks we wanted and although we got five, only four survived. The guy I got the chicks from has a large variety of birds. They all free range. He does separate certain groups for some breeding (he breeds for certain qualities, not by breed.

I have not posted their pics before because they were still minors (kidding) I wanted to make sure they were grown enough to show off as much detail as possible.

And now I'm asking for your help... What breeds do you think make up the following chickens. I'm still don't know my breeds very well, there are obvious features I know on all of them, but I'll hold off so I don't put any ideas in your head.

26632_img_1657-01.jpg

Bird 1 Above: The little what chick in front here. Don't mind the Blue-Kote at the base of the tail. This one is a trouble maker picking fights with everyone.
26632_img_1661-01.jpg

Bird 2 Above: This one started out looking like a chipmunk (light feather with dark stripes.
26632_img_1662-01.jpg

Bird 3 Above: Beautiful black bird green highlights deep black eyes.
26632_img_1669-01.jpg

(Right) Bird 3 (Left) Bird 4 Above: Same bird as the previous photo on left. On the right is the smallest of them all. That one is another big fighter.
26632_img_1663-01.jpg

Bird 4 Above: Another of above right. Obviously some banty here.

There you have it... Your thoughts or opinions please!

well most look like silkie mixes but bird # 3 kinda looks like a sumatra. i dont know thats just what i think. i know bird # 4 is part silkie. 100% sure on that one. but im not sure on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom