Help with start date!!!

Derrick

Crowing
14 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Hill Country Texas
I have some eggs being shipped this week. What would be the best day to put the eggs in the incubator so that they hatch on a weekend. I know that they start to hatch on day 21 but does that mean I should make that a friday so that I can be there Friday night through Sunday night? Does the acual day you set them in count as day 1 or day 0?
hu.gif

Thanks for any input,

Derrick

set eggs on mon, tues is day one. as far as hatching on a certain day, i would make fri day 20 and hope they hatch on time. i have had chicks hatch anywhere from day 19 to day 23. temp variations can cause them to be early,on time , or late. good luck

Thanks for the help. I am using a King Suro20 to hatch them and the temp is set at 99.5 with 45%humidity from the factory. I was going to leave it like that. It keeps the temp and humidity very stable at these numbers every time I check.

If I set them Sat then Sunday is day 1 and day 20 would be Friday Feb 12th. If I set them this Friday then Friday Feb 12 would be day 21. I think I understand....... I work long hrs and would hate to get home and miss the whole event. This is my first Rodeo with this incubating thing.....

Derrick

Back
Top Bottom