help!!!

. I have a duckling that started hatching 5 days early and I'm stressing out. He's still in the egg but he's got the shell off the top where the air sack would be. He's also broken though part of the membrane. He hasn't absorbed all of the yolk and there is blood coming out of the egg. I have him wrapped in a warm paper towel under a heat lamp and I keep the remaining part of the membrane moist like most people say. But he's fighting the egg and wants out. I don't know what to do and I don't wanna lose him because he's the only one I have left. His breathing is really slow but he keeps kicking around. He chirps every once and awhile but mostly he's just trying to get out He's having trouble and the membrane is tearing, causing blood to spill out of the egg. Should i help him out? I don't know what to do

. I have a duckling that started hatching 5 days early and I'm stressing out. He's still in the egg but he's got the shell off the top where the air sack would be. He's also broken though part of the membrane. He hasn't absorbed all of the yolk and there is blood coming out of the egg. I have him wrapped in a warm paper towel under a heat lamp and I keep the remaining part of the membrane moist like most people say. But he's fighting the egg and wants out. I don't know what to do and I don't wanna lose him because he's the only one I have left. His breathing is really slow but he keeps kicking around. He chirps every once and awhile but mostly he's just trying to get out He's having trouble and the membrane is tearing, causing blood to spill out of the egg. Should i help him out? I don't know what to do
If he still has unabsorbed yolk and a fully functioning egg to chick vascular system there is not a whole lot you can do other than what you are doing. Probability is not that great in his favor. So sorry to hear about the situation. What kind of duck is it?

The duckling is doing great! He's absorbed all the yolk and is now hatching out of the egg the rest of the way. I'm so happy he pulled through

Here are my Lil babies. My last few eggs didn't hatch hut I left them in the bator for a couple days just incase. I will go ahead and water test them before giving up for good. But I am happy with my 1st successful hatch.

Back
Top Bottom