HELP

adpad5

Chirping
Jun 30, 2015
I cracked a duck egg a bit at day 25 or so of incubation..... I'm really worried it's my last hope all my other eggs have failed it was the only one that didn't smell rotten!!!

How badly did you crack it? If you didn't damage the membrane under the shell, it should be o.k.

Where is the crack? Keep the moisture up...put a little wax or fingernail hardener over the crack to help prevent moisture loss.

Watch the egg at hatching time, the bird could have a hard time getting out of the egg because of wax or hardener, and the tendency will be for the duck to have heat shrink wrap occurring in the shell.

The crack is on the top and you can feel it but not see inside

by top I assume you mean over the air sac, That is good!

If you have a candle just drip a little wax over it. Keep the egg in a cut up egg carton or some device to hold it upright? Assuming you have it in an incubator. If it is under a duck, just wax and leave it alone.

It's under a hen lol

Oh boy,,, wow,, I would use the fingernail harderner then, but there is so much time that has went by now, your best bet might just be to pray and cross your fingers.

I hate to ask this, because you have probably learned something through all this, BUT Why did you check the eggs in the first place? If under a hen just leave them alone, they know what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom