Kind of looks like an egg with no shell...at least it is not larval.

The fact that the egg that came out after was soft leads me to think a malfunction in shell production? Thank you for posting this...

Are they getting enough calcium? Or do you think it's just a fluke?
She gets layer feed and has oyster out free choice all day and at night (when it’s warm enough for water not to freeze). She’s never had a problem before so i think it’s a fluke!

Total newbie, but this sounds a lot like my ferret when she'd eat something that she struggled to pass (like a rubber glove). She'd still be pooping because some poop could move around the blockage. Could your hen have a similar issue of eating something odd?

Again, THANK YOU for your help!
Here’s more pictures of the white “thing” as well as the soft egg she laid a while (3-6 hours) later. The “thing” doesn’t seem to move at all and seemed like a membrane when i opened it. As far as Sadie, my girl that laid it, she is acting completely normal and peppy. No signs of yesterday's symptoms.
That "thing" and the soft egg were what was causing her to breath funny. It's very difficult for birds to pass these. You might want to get some calcium citrate pills (human pharmacy) or liquid calcium gluconate (cattle section of tractor supply) and gime some daily until she starts laying shelled eggs.

That "thing" and the soft egg were what was causing her to breath funny. It's very difficult for birds to pass these. You might want to get some calcium citrate pills (human pharmacy) or liquid calcium gluconate (cattle section of tractor supply) and gime some daily until she starts laying shelled eggs.
Okay. Thank you for your help!
She laid a mostly hard (one soft spot at the top) egg this morning.

Total newbie, but this sounds a lot like my ferret when she'd eat something that she struggled to pass (like a rubber glove). She'd still be pooping because some poop could move around the blockage. Could your hen have a similar issue of eating something odd?
Hmm. She didn't pass anything other than the egg-like thing so I wouldn't think she ate anything. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom