HELP

Tcooper75228

Chirping
Apr 12, 2018
Royse City Texas
One of my new fuzz balls hasn't been as active as the others the past two days. She is about 2 weeks old. Then yesterday I noticed her butt was looking some fuzz. Then today she is laying Down eating. She will get up and move but doesn't seem to want to. I included a couple of pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated.
20180415_082132.jpg
20180415_082135.jpg

I would watch to see if she is pooping or if she is struggling to poop.
1-2drops of Nutri-Drench a day won't hurt either.

A swollen bum can be constipation, infection or something else entirely. If she seem constipated, I would also give her a little coconut or mineral oil and make sure she's drinking. Also consider making chick sized grit available free choice for your chicks-even if they only have chick starter to eat, they can still eat a bit of bedding which can be hard to process.

Let us know how she's doing.

Awesome news. I think she was constipated. After doing more research I have put her in a warm bath where she started relaxing then pooping to no end. Hopefully this will help. After we get her dry I'm headed to go get some chick grit. But one question. I give them electrolyte mix in their water do I still need to get the nutri drench?

Awesome news. I think she was constipated. After doing more research I have put her in a warm bath where she started relaxing then pooping to no end. Hopefully this will help. After we get her dry I'm headed to go get some chick grit. But one question. I give them electrolyte mix in their water do I still need to get the nutri drench?
Glad to hear she is doing better!

Ok update on the chick. She's not doing good. She is now just laying around letting the other chicks walk on her and pick at her. Not sure what to do. She barely moves. Except to get food and water. I've separated her for now. But she just screams wanting back with the others.

Attachments

• JPEG_20180420_175223_1282904932.jpg
    JPEG_20180420_175223_1282904932.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 12
Sorry to hear that. Is she eating normally and passing droppings well? Is her bottom still swollen? She could just have some birth defect that has made her too weak. Give her some piultry NutriDrench orally a few drops at a time.

Back
Top Bottom