HELP!!!!!!!

Joey6392

Chirping
May 15, 2019
I got ducks from tractor supply co about 5 months ago and they have been doing well but recently their has been a severe heat warning for my area in illinois it is going to reach anywhere from 104 to 114 degrees Fahrenheit if anybody can give information please do in the comments I NEED TO SAVE MY BABY'S!!!

As long as the garage is very well ventilated, and does NOT have a car running it while they're in it, at ALL, that should be fine. Just be sure you put the kiddy pool in there, and something to move the air, like a fan. And, again- do NOT run a vehicle while they're in there. The car exhaust would endanger their health. Shouldn't really run a vehicle while you're in the garage, either, not unless the door is all the way open, but birds are much more sensitive.

I have a kiddy pool I will fill it but im still worried I might bring them into my garage where it is slightly cooler.

Moving them to the garage is definitely an option during hot peaks (noon and afternoon).
1) Let them out when it cools down again (evening, night)
2) Bring them back in before noon, before the sun reaches its highest point (as well the temperature too).
3) Give them one kiddy pool in the garage and one outside (put it in the shade).
4) Make sure they have plenty of shade outside. Maybe you could install an overhanging tarp to provide them with some extra?

And don't forget yourself either: drink plenty of water and stay out of the heat as much as possible! ;)

Moving them to the garage is definitely an option during hot peaks (noon and afternoon).
1) Let them out when it cools down again (evening, night)
2) Bring them back in before noon, before the sun reaches its highest point (as well the temperature too).
3) Give them one kiddy pool in the garage and one outside (put it in the shade).
4) Make sure they have plenty of shade outside. Maybe you could install an overhanging tarp to provide them with some extra?

And don't forget yourself either: drink plenty of water and stay out of the heat as much as possible! ;)

Thank you for the tips we have a 6x6 tarp outdoor storage for them in the winter I could set that up for shelter/shade as well what do you think?

As long as the garage is very well ventilated, and does NOT have a car running it while they're in it, at ALL, that should be fine. Just be sure you put the kiddy pool in there, and something to move the air, like a fan. And, again- do NOT run a vehicle while they're in there. The car exhaust would endanger their health. Shouldn't really run a vehicle while you're in the garage, either, not unless the door is all the way open, but birds are much more sensitive.
Thank you for the info we mostly use the garage for storage and my 2 pet turtles. We kept the ducks in a tub in our garage when they were ducklings we havent had a running car in there for about one and a half years.
Could I put some ice cubes in their kiddy pool.

Thank you for the tips we have a 6x6 tarp outdoor storage for them in the winter I could set that up for shelter/shade as well what do you think?

For the pool in the garage could I put ice cubes in
Thank you for the info we mostly use the garage for storage and my 2 pet turtles. We kept the ducks in a tub in our garage when they were ducklings we havent had a running car in there for about 1 1/2 years.

Back
Top Bottom