Help!

My hen is bleeding from a feather pore? I don’t even know what else to call it. Anyone have advice??
It's called a blood feathers. When they first come out they have vlood vessels in them that go away after a while. Sometimes those blood feathers break and bleed. Unless they are picked at they I usually stop on their own.

She’s been having this issue for a while now. Some days it bleeds, some days it doesn’t. Normal?
It might be that it is being picked at in some way. Chickens are attracted to the color red and will peck it if they see it. If that's the case you definitely want to stop that behavior. I usually Bluekote those injuries because the wound medicine changes the color.

It might be that it is being picked at in some way. Chickens are attracted to the color red and will peck it if they see it. If that's the case you definitely want to stop that behavior. I usually Bluekote those injuries because the wound medicine changes the color.
I’ll have to pick some up at tractor supply tomorrow. Hopefully that will stop this. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom