Help

Mistyrstone

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2023
My chicken was attacked by a dog. She is only a few months old and still is very much alive. Can I save her.
Screenshot_2023-10-25-18-21-46-73_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg

Hello! Is that behind her wing? @Mistyrstone

Clean her wound with warm soapy water, then slather it with plain antibiotic ointment. Repeat twice a day for a week. You may also want to get aqua mox from tsc to have on hand in case she gets infection. To treat for shock , keep her in a semi dark space and offer raw yolk, softened feed and something else yummy, plus water with hydro hen or rooster booster.

Thank you guys. She is eating and drinking on her own now. She is talking to me . She is active and I just absolutely love this girl . Lots of ppl told me to put her down but I can't believe how much better she is acting already. My husband gave her a light bath today and she was drinking the water and seemed to really enjoy it.

She is still alive. Thank you for asking. It just looks like 1/2 my chicken is gone. I've been treating her and syringe feeding her water with bits of bread and electrolytes. I've been keeping her beding clean as well. She has still been popping and peeing. I've done atleast 3 or 4 changes today. I don't want her in a dirty environment

They're more resilient then we give them credit for. Good job on keeping her clean. The wound will look grayish green after a couple of days, don't worry, this is normal healing. Just make sure that it doesn't smell bad or looks inflamed or oozy. I would take a deep sniff of my cockerels and hens wounds to make sure there was no smell.

We're you able to order the aqua mox?

Back
Top Bottom