HELP!!!!

Tyler344947

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2024
My baby chicken only one day old hid under a blanket and I accidentally crushed it be not very hard. When I crushed it, it made a crushing noise. Now it’s making no noise/ chirping and is sitting in this position. Feet in front and head between feet on the ground. Not only that but when I did crush him, green liquid came out of him. It also now can’t walk.

Update, it looks like it’s getting better and it’s slowly waddling

IMG_0846.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's dying, nothing to be done, I'm sorry. Best to keep chicks in the brooder.
It's very likely suffering, are you comfortable putting it down yourself?
Why is it dying !!!! Is it because I crushed it or because of the temperature and is there a possibility that it might not die?

Why is it dying !!!! Is it because I crushed it or because of the temperature and is there a possibility that it might not die?
Cause it very likely has multiple broken bones, organ damage, popped air bladders. It will not live anymore than you would if King Kong squished you.
I'm sorry, but there'd no way for it to live and the pain must be immense.

My baby chicken only one day old hid under a blanket and I accidentally crushed it be not very hard. When I crushed it, it made a crushing noise. Now it’s making no noise/ chirping and is sitting in this position. Feet in front and head between feet on the ground. Not only that but when I did crush him, green liquid came out of him. It also now can’t walk.

View attachment 3806324View attachment 3806325
It will probably die. It can be hard, but we must learn from our mistakes. I know, because Thomas was the sweetest cat, until the day he wasn’t. We all lose chicks, and it sucks, but things happen. The most important thing is to prevent the past from repeating.

Cause it very likely has multiple broken bones, organ damage, popped air bladders. It will not live anymore than you would if King Kong squished you.
I'm sorry, but there'd no way for it to live and the pain must be immense.
Is it 100% chance that it dies ? Cause I don’t think I squished it that hard

Back
Top Bottom