Help!

tanyizzle

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Saratoga County, NY
One of my chickens which was introduced to the flock the other day has been pecked at a lot. It has a decent sized open wound on the back of its neck. I have separated it, sprayed it with antibiotics and wrapped it, but I don't know what to do now. I am trying to keep it warm currently. Help!

Sounds like you are doing the right things to me. If she eats and drinks, she should be okay. Bless her heart!
sad.png

I wish I could give her something for the pain! Would crushing up a baby aspirin and putting it in the water help? I really don't know how that would affect her.

She's missing half of the back of her scalp. I'd say that's highly elevated pain. We've gotten her to drink some fruit salad juice from a medicine dropper and she's taken a few bites of watermelon. She still hasn't opened her eyes.

I know another BYCer gives her chickens aspirin with no problems. Put some antibiotic cream on her wound, like Neosporin. Keep her separated until healed. Intoduce her slowly back into the flock. I don't know how you introduced her before, so don't want to tell you how to do it and step on your toes. Any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Back
Top Bottom