Help

Mcfly1988

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
One of my eggs pipped in the incubator and then nothing else happened since yesterday so I started peeling some shell off. I can see the beak through a sack but every egg that has hatched before has had nothing left in side im new to this and don't want to open the incubator in case I "shrink wrap" others but I'm worried that this one is stuck

Yeh but briefly how quick do they shrink? I only found out about shrinking after. I've been reading stuff for months and this was the first I heard of it any help though?

Yes and yes there is also a hatched chick keeps going to the egg, just the one hatched. Got 5 more eggs all at different stages though as 2 hens gave up on them so it was more a saving mission gone wrong now. I usually hatch them under my broodies but have a bator as back up this is my first from the bator. The chick is breathing and moving its beak, I'll be gutted if I messed up.

No there has been a little cheeping in the last 10 minutes though the chick in the egg has turned a little can't see the beak just feathers but still breathing

Yeh there are no other pips an this one has been pipped since yesterday about 20 hours or so

Back
Top Bottom