help!?

nala143

Hatching
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
Westchester County
can anyone tell me what kind of chick this is or the age (more or less). i found it on the street ready to get run over!! so i brought it home and i dont know what to do with it! i tried giving it water. but it barley drank and i tried giving it some bread but didnt seem to like it. any suggestions?

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to be a week old at max. Try giving it chick starter for food, it is better than bread. It should probably drink more with the proper food. Don't forget to keep it under a 100 watt light bulb.

Good luck

Its less than a week old it has the egg tooth still on it. Make sure it is warm and in a pinch you can feed it cornmeal till you get some chick starter. That is so weird that it is out in the street at that young. Its very cute and I have no clue what breed it is. If it doesn't want to eat it just may not know how so just tap your finger on the food and see if he eats and you may have to dip his beak to get him to drink.

Good luck!

Arklady

Edit to add... ATTENTION: That looks like a pheasant chick, in which case if it is then you are going to need game cock starter ration for it. But they grow up beautifully. HOWEVER, another warning here... They tend to fly so they need more room per bird than chickens. and it will need a COVERED pen. You won't know what kind unless you look at the various breeds of Pheasants. There should be some around here. A

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom