help

dandrews1971

Songster
6 Years
Jun 5, 2013
Claremore, Oklahoma USA
I have obtained some newly hatched chicks, plus some that are not yet hatched. I wont be able to get them, in an incubator for about 5 hours. What are their chances if i get them in a warm box & get heat on them?
:(

Last edited:
chicks should be ok in a small box. you didnt say if they would be in a car for that time or ?? hand warmers you buy for your self. make good emergency heat. you could lay the eggs on this too and it may delay the hatch some. put them over and under the eggs

I have them in a small box, setting inside an insulated box, sitting inside another box. lol
the heater is blowing across the box, top loosened for ventilation. One chick is peeping from the egg, just barely coming out. 4 are out & cheeping.

Good luck!
fl.gif

ep.gif
you have them at work? hahahhaha why would someone give up on a hatch right in the middle of it?? the chicks will help keep the eggs warm. hope you have incubator ready at home for them.

yes, my daugghter s getting it out & setting it up. I happenbed upoin them while making a store run. the eggs still felt nice & warm when I took them. so hopefully the jaunt out in the cold didnt harm them.
Yeah, I have them at work, peeping away. trying to keep it dartk &warm so minimum noise. Peoples reactions are priceless when they walk by & hear them. . LOL

Back
Top Bottom