Help

clkabj5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 30, 2014
Ok we decided to crack open a couple eggs today because we are on Day 23. We candled and got nothing. We floated and they all float so we put them back in for another 24 hours nothing. Both were perfectly formed, 1 had no yolk sac and the other did. Of course they weren't alive either:( this is our first hatch and we have 5 more dated the same day and 6 that are just today on day 22. I checked them and they all look the same inside the shells nothing no pip, no movement, nothing. Is the whole batch a dud? What would cause them all not to make it? Also I heard chirping on hatch day but nothing since. I also only ever saw 3-4 eggs moving in the incubator. Please help with any ideas. I have 9 more set to be on lock down on wed. No they aren't in the same incubator either.

How high was the humidity ? My last batch I had it to high and the air pockets we to small and I lost half my eggs , they were fully developed and moving before and to.

That is what mine was at the whole hatch and it drowned them. I am trying a dry hatch now but 's not coming out so well because humidity is in 60s and 70s and there isn't any water or anything in there so I don't know what is up.
I like to have about 20-30 percent the first 18 days and then 65-70 the last three but this season so far I can't keep a handle on it.

Back
Top Bottom