Just checking in. still waiting for spring to spring
32F this morning, had snow yesterday.
I setting up two quad receptacle boxes for in the shop. awfully weary of walking on extension cords.
bought a circular saw sharpener. kind of tricky to adjust, but I managed to sharpen a few blades.
turkey hunting season as begun. I don't hunt.
lucky thing for the two Toms who visit us daily
my latest batch of sauerkraut is two weeks old. coming along nicely. I put 22 pounds of cabbage into the crock..

I am having problems with fibromyalgia causing me nearly constant pain. Unless I am asleep. So tired of all the health issues. I have cut the boards for the ends of my garden beds, am currently painting them. I need to finish them up so I can fill them. I have peas and beans planted so far. Ripping up lots of weeds. Sigh.

Cappy, Is your goat kidding you ?
I tell you, I have been taking her up the hill every night to put her in the barn, but I am getting tired of it. She hasn't filled up with milk yet so I guess it will be a while.
I have been working hard with all the outdoor chores to be done. Lots of digging lately.
Finally got the floor in the third raised bed done, and added soil, then plants.
20240428_191350.jpg

We have already been eating some berries.

no baby goats yet ?
now that I have the two electrical quad receptacle boxes all wired in and working, I can move on to better things. today I lit a fire in the shop stove and re arranged all of the machinery.
table saw, two jointers and even the heavy planer. swept the floor and tossed out two buckets of trash. even hung a few things on the peg board. have to establish a place to store small quantities of odds and ends of lumber and plywood pieces. I often get the urge to just burn those things.

No babies yet that I know of.
I am in Glen Allen, VA at the Big Swap, that has been held for over 20 years. It is common for 10,000 visitors to attend. Vendors are set up on acres of grassy pastures. Rain has been forecast, and it is chilly. At least I got some sleep last night. Slept on an air mattress in the U-haul trailer. Sure glad I brought my sleeping bag. I brought 4 chickens to sell, only 7 left at home. I brought one pregnant adult goat to sell.
20240503_181051.jpg

Wish I could get an aerial picture, this place is huge.

Back
Top Bottom