Hemp bedding

If anyone is in the San Diego area I have several brand new bags of 33 lb hemp bedding. $38 each. I just started using it and wow what a difference in the brooder. I was changing the pine shavings every two days for 8 chicks. Now it just smells like plants in my garage. So glad I got this.
I realize this post is from 6 months ago but where did you buy your hemp bales in San Diego?

US legislation is a bit restrictive when it comes to hemp, in some states it's legal to grow it, but I think you might have trouble finding it over there.

My main hay supplier here in Oregon has it - they said they use it in their coop(s) for their laying flock and really, really like it. So far I've stuck with compressed pine pellets for a few reasons - absorption, odor control - and the very fact that it does decompose into finer particles the chickens love to dust bathe in especially during the wet season where there's no dust to be found outside - For months. And months. And months.

My main hay supplier here in Oregon has it - they said they use it in their coop(s) for their laying flock and really, really like it. So far I've stuck with compressed pine pellets for a few reasons - absorption, odor control - and the very fact that it does decompose into finer particles the chickens love to dust bathe in especially during the wet season where there's no dust to be found outside - For months. And months. And months.
Who is your main supplier, I live in Oregon and I'm looking for a supplier I can purchase hemp bedding from?

Just opened a bag of hemp bedding from New Country Organics. So far, I really, really like this bedding. Shipping was crazy, but I wanted to give it a try. Virtually no dust and no strong odor.
Will probably by another bag in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom