Hen chasing mice!

Owingsia

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Saluda VA
Funniest thing I have ever seen. We had mice get into the hen house the other night. Woke up and the hens were all on the roosts not coming down. Once they got light they saw the mice and about 12 hens starting chasing the poor things just a pecken at them. They chased them right out of the hen house and info the field. Poor mice were screaming as they ran.

The best part was when one of the mice ran up the leg of one of the hens. She jumped a good 4 feet into the air trying to shake the mouse off her. Once she got it off she was in hot pursuit pecken away. Have not seen anymore mice.

Oh wow thats nice to know. They were going after those poor mice. Not that I would be upset if they killed it and ate it. Its probably good for them.

I have 4 of the sweetest girls ...... I call them my yard ladies. Well, one day last summer a small field mouse happened to walk through the yard and the girls saw it. Within minutes there was nothing left of the mouse ......... not even fur!! My sweet girls turned into cannibals!! LOL.

Mine dug up and killed a poor blind vole and when the poor thing was dead, they walked away in disgust like "no way I'm gonna eat this thing".

Back
Top Bottom