Hen gasping for air

Hello! Can you put your ear to her back and see if you hear crackling sounds? If you do, Can you put her inside with the humidifier running? I would also put eucalyptus essential oil on her bedding. Dose her with nutri drench every day, and feed her whatever she wants to eat.
Hi, I don't. Thank you for the reply though. I'm hesitant to give her liquids in case she has a blockage and can't swallow them, I don't want to cause her to aspirate.

I have no idea whats going on here. I wiped it with a warm damp paper towel, got some blood off on it. I don't know where the blood is coming from. I can't find any holes or anything.
20231124_132430.jpg
20231124_132426.jpg

20231124_132843.jpg
20231124_132423.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't great. She was struggling and my sister was having trouble keeping her still.

I found this online.
  • Laryngeotracheitis, which is a viral respiratory disease that is characterized by chickens breathing through an open mouth, stretching their necks and gasping for air. Other symptoms include nasal discharge, bloody mucus, and a moist cough.

How close are they and were your chickens able to get some if your neighbours did put some out?
The coop is right next to our wood shed which I'm sure attracts mice, especially this time of year. The chickens wouldn't have been able to find any poison I don’t think, but a poisoned mouse is possible. I'd be surprised if she would eat one though, she's not real bold and pretty low on the pecking order.

I found this online.
  • Laryngeotracheitis, which is a viral respiratory disease that is characterized by chickens breathing through an open mouth, stretching their necks and gasping for air. Other symptoms include nasal discharge, bloody mucus, and a moist cough.
Hmm, maybe? That does sound like what she's doing. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom