Hen gasping for air

Ok @casportpony
I weighed her, she's at 1 lb 13 oz.
I was pretty shocked that that was all. She really doesn't feel that light. I weighed her sister and she was around 4 lbs, body condition wise they felt pretty similar. So that's kind of odd.
She's still gasping every time she breathes. I did get her to eat some soaked catfish food last night though, this morning I fed her more and she ate some thick kaytee exact. Poor girl has to eat quick in between breaths though. She had some normal looking poops this morning after eating last night. Still able to stand and walk. No discharge anywhere. I did not try looking in her mouth any more, I didn't want to make her spit out her food.

That's really light. Does your scale weigh in grams? If so, can you weigh one more time? I converted and got 822 grams. My smallest hen, and OEGB cross, who fits in my hand, weighs 462 grams.

That's really light. Does your scale weigh in grams? If so, can you weigh one more time? I converted and got 822 grams. My smallest hen, and OEGB cross, who fits in my hand, weighs 462 grams.
Yes, I accidentally bumped it to gram while weighing her and it did say 800 something so that should be right.
I'm surprised she's so light. Poor girl.

If she does weigh only 822 grams, she needs 0.25 ml. A five-pound hen gets 0.7 ml.
This needs to be done for five consecutive days.
Of the panacur?
So my 0.2 ml I gave last night was probably pretty close then.

If you want to give the Tylan 200, give 0.2 ml orally three times a day. If you can't do three times a day, give 0.3 ml orally twice a day.

If you want to give Baytril, and you think it's the 10% stuff, give 0.13 ml twice a day for 3-5 days. If there is no improvement after three days, stop giving it.

Back
Top Bottom