Hen Ill with lethargy, poor appetite

Hippie Chicks Mom

Songster
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Near Old Forge NY
My 2 year old RIR/Leghorn cross had been acting ill for a bit now. The rest of the flock had a respiratory infection treated with Tylan and appear to be much better. One girl, Sadie has been going around puffed up (but has a habit of doing that most winter) lethargic, not as interested in food, although she did pecked at a piece of apple the deer left behind today and does eat snow when she goes outside on nicer days. She has been "shaking" her head and passing loose stool that is clear liquid and yellow mixed. Cocci????? Any suggestion before I haul her off to the vet????? Thanks

sounds like what one of my RIR's was doing and couldnt figure it out tell i finally treated for cocci and shes doing much better

its take a long time to recover b/c i didnt treat her 3 weeks and it took a while for meds to arive

treat for cocci and see if it helps, i prefer corid my self, 9.5CC per gallon change fresh daily

if corid doesnt work or she doesnt start getting better with it my next guess will be worms cuz they can do that too

i like valbazine for a wormer dose is 1/2 CC on a treat if she'll eat or put little drops in her beak and let her take them.

Back
Top Bottom