Hen is lethargic for a couple of days

Tashavas

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2022
One of my hens has been a little off for a few days. Not coming running for food and treats, keeping to herself.
This morning she didn’t come out of the coop and I grabbed her to see if I can see what the problem might be. I noticed she has a lot of little white bugs on her.
I’m assuming that’s what’s causing the issue and am wondering what would be best to treat her.

Permethrine based poultry dust or live stock spray. Completely clean out your coop, treat, and get all new bedding and litter. You may need to treat everyone.

Update: just gave her an Epsom salt bath and was able to really check her out and noticed not only the little white bugs all over but also something else attached to her feathers around the butt area. I’m posting a picture hoping to get some info here as to what this is and how to treat it.

Attachments

• IMG_5945.jpeg
    IMG_5945.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 0
Permethrine based poultry dust or live stock spray. Completely clean out your coop, treat, and get all new bedding and litter. You may need to treat everyone.
Definitely need to treat the others too since I’ve checked them all and they all have it :(

Back
Top Bottom