isabellajosie

Chirping
May 6, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Hi, all. I have a nearly one year old Sapphire Gem hen. I noticed today that she’s limping. It doesn’t seem that bad, she’s moving around, kicking up dirt and leaves in the yard, but it’s noticeable enough that she’s limping. I wasn’t able to spend much time out there with them yesterday, but Friday she was not limping that I noticed. I checked her out some, her foot and leg looks fine, but in the morning I’m going to wash her feet off and get a good look to rule out bumble foot.

My question is, does this sound like maybe she has a sprain? And if so, what’s the best course of action?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

I would also check her entire leg and foot for any green bruising, redness, or swelling, especially near her joints. Does she hold the leg up, or put weight on the leg? When one is limping, it may help to force her to rest the leg while inside a dog crate or pen with food and water. Make sure that she isn’t jumping up and down to a roost.

Hi, all. I have a nearly one year old Sapphire Gem hen. I noticed today that she’s limping. It doesn’t seem that bad, she’s moving around, kicking up dirt and leaves in the yard, but it’s noticeable enough that she’s limping. I wasn’t able to spend much time out there with them yesterday, but Friday she was not limping that I noticed. I checked her out some, her foot and leg looks fine, but in the morning I’m going to wash her feet off and get a good look to rule out bumble foot.

My question is, does this sound like maybe she has a sprain? And if so, what’s the best course of action?

Did your hen make a full recovery?

Bumble foot? Use PRID salve $7 from Amazon works like a miracle. Drops of kids vitamins w riboflavin cured the limp on the right side. Weird but true.

Back
Top Bottom