Hen not laying

EvaRay1525

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
Hi guys, I was wondering if this behavior is normal with my New Hampshire. She was acting funny for one day 2 days after she laid an egg, she was laying down and looked sick I gave her some eggs and vitamin water and she was fine the next day. The last time she laid an egg was last week on Monday and hasn't laid since, I was wondering if anything is wrong with her, she is 9 months old, eating and drinking fine. I also have a chicken that laid her first egg last week on either Wednesday or Thursday and hasn't laid since as well. I was wondering if the weather could also be messing with them. I live in Florida, Davie area,

Has she recently started laying eggs? New layers are often not regular.
Have you checked to see if she is egg bound?
My New Hampshire started laying eggs in January of 2021, I don't know how to check if a chicken is egg bound, I have searched up symptoms and she isn't displaying any.
The other chicken is a Polish and she is knew to laying or at least I think she is, there was a white egg on the floor that was really large but they wouldn't come from the New Hampshire? The New Hampshire lays brown eggs,

Back
Top Bottom