Hen or Rooster?

atm21

Songster
Sep 1, 2016
I have a few chickens that I hatched about 11 weeks ago. I was curious if anyone could tell me if the black and white ones are male or female? Their father is a Rhode Island Red Rooster. I have a handful of hens
of different breeds.

Could you get individual pictures? The white and black one with its head looking up looks like a rooster.
[/quote
I have a few Rhode Island white hens, do you think they are golden sex link roosters? Online I haven't seen any sex links that have the white and black. I also have barred rock, golden sex link, black sex links, and possibly red sex links hens that crossed with my RR Rooster.

The three I see look like males.

It's late and I'm getting fuzzy, but I'm thinking there's some sex linkage going on. Gold father, must have been silver hens, and you've got silver male offspring. Not sure where the barring comes in, but if the rooster doesn't have any, then the hens did and they're sex linked that way also.

The three I see look like males.

It's late and I'm getting fuzzy, but I'm thinking there's some sex linkage going on. Gold father, must have been silver hens, and you've got silver male offspring. Not sure where the barring comes in, but if the rooster doesn't have any, then the hens did and they're sex linked that way also.
You are correct. If you get silver chicks, and the rooster is red/gold, then they must be red sexlinks.

So I'm a little confused sorry. You believe that my gold sex link hens are silver and gold sex links. Then they crossed with my RR Rooster and produced this?

Back
Top Bottom