Hen Pecked after months of living together

Gallina_Azul

Hatching
Mar 1, 2023
Hi all,
I've have three chickens in my flock, Hei Hei; a Plymouth Rock who's three in May, Olive ; a Blue Splash and Blue ; a blue point who are about 8-9 months and both from the same farm at the same time. I noticed on Saturday that Blue had some feathers missing but I thought that's just from her moult, left them too and I noticed that Olive and Hei Hei kept pecking at her. So I brought Blue in treated the wound and put a jacket on her made out of some old leggings which seemed to work and the hens laid off her. Today we got a proper chicken high vis from Omlet and then the girls really laid into her. We've treated her wounds and she seems ok and her comb is a good colour she's just had a proper beating. I'm wondering what I can do to stop them laying into her and why after seven months of living together with some hen pecking from Hei Hei (mostly aimed at Olive) at the beginning are they laying into Blue? She is the smallest of the flock but they've been fine until now I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar thing happen to them or if anyone has any advice?

Many thanks in advance

When are you finding the damage to Blue? In the morning when you let them out of the coop?
Are Blue and Olive NOW 8-9 months old?
Can you please post pictures of your coop and run?
What part of the world do you live in?
What exactly are you feeding the flock?

Back
Top Bottom