Hen Recovering from internal parasites— help :(

Can you post some pictures of the droppings?
Can you post a picture of the label of the Safeguard you used? I'm not familiar with that particular form and want to make sure on the dosing. Correct dosing of fenbendazole is 10 - 50 mg per kg of body weight. I don't know how much is in each mg of the powder you used. It's pretty safe, so a little too much won't likely hurt her, but under dosing can lead to resistant parasites.
I will send a photo in a bit when I get back inside!
It was the correct dosing I made sure it confirm this on multiple accounts 😂 and was recommended this method by a local silkie breeder. The packets come with 222 mg powder.
Each hen is about 5 lbs with my heaviest at 6 lbs. they all got around 100-120 mg (I read that it should be about 150 mg for a 5 lb hen but the powder is a bit more concentrated it seems but maybe not) for 5 days
I may do a round of aquasol in the water to be safe in 10 days as opposed to the initial dosing being individually administered to rid of the worms entirely. What do u think?

This is what I have been giving her and unfortunately she stopped taking it. Probs bc there has been medicine in it and she caught in by day 5

Can you post a picture of the label of the Safeguard you used? I'm not familiar with that particular form and want to make sure on the dosing. Correct dosing of fenbendazole is 10 - 50 mg per kg of body weight. I don't know how much is in each mg of the powder you used. It's pretty safe, so a little too much won't likely hurt her, but under dosing can lead to resistant parasites.

https://a.co/d/gcqyqa3

Here is the product

Poo doesn’t look great BUT it is solid for first time in a week so this is hopeful! She also made quite the fuss to come out for their supervised free range time today and she is very happy about it. Still a little weak — understandably but she seemingly is doing better than the last few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 4
I have a hen with that same poop. Our fecals showed capillaria and coccidia.
I was looking for posts on healing after worms and came across your post.
How is your chicken doing?

Back
Top Bottom