Hen Saddles

Thank you!! I'm so glad everyone likes their saddles!!
hugs.gif

My saddles and diapers came today. Unfortunately, my invalid who was living inside got better, and moved back outside 4 days ago. So I won't be able to try out the diapers until someone else needs some sick leave.
wink.png

But I put one of the saddles on my girl who's been looking a little threadbare. She took about 10 minutes to get used to the idea, but then didn't seem to mind at all. My crazy rooster must have decided she grew a second head or something though, he kept running away from her, but he settled down after about half an hour.

I got the winged saddles this time around, since this particular girl's wing feathers have been pulled out, along with her back feathers. I have to say I really like the snaps; this was much easier to put on than the ones I got last time. The fit seems to be perfect, too. So, so far so good.

Diapers are always nice to have in an emergency kit :) If you get any pics we'd love to see them!

Yeah, after housing three hens in my spare bathroom for a month, I sort of feel diapers are a necessity. I just wish I had known about them sooner. I'll try to get pics sometime of my girl in her saddle. I think she looks really good.

I don't have a picture of my newest girl wearing hers, but I just remembered I have this picture from last fall:

Both of these girls were completely barebacked when I put the saddles on them. The smaller of the two had also been scratched up since she no longer had the feathers to protect her back. Both have since grown their feathers back, so are no longer wearing their saddles, but I keep an eye on it so I'll be ready to put them back on if needed.

Back
Top Bottom