Hen still has diarrhea after 3 weeks - how long is too long?

kaflemin

Chirping
15 Years
May 1, 2009
Bellingham
Hello,
My 15 month old golden sex link hen has had diarrhea for 3 weeks. She basically has runny poop coming out of her vent, however does seem to get some solid stuff out too. I've isolated her from the rest of the flock and have been putting Duramycin-10 (tetracycline hydrochloride powder) in her water. I'm wondering if any of you have experience with how long diarrhea can last. She's acting normal otherwise - eating, drinking, bathing, etc. and even started laying eggs again last week (although they do have a significant amount of blood on them). I really want her to be able to go back with my two other hens, but certainly don't want her to pass anything on to them. I'd appreciate any input y'all might have. If you've had experience with this, how long did it take for your chicken to get better?

Thank you!
Katie

I would think three weeks is too long. Is it possible that she is having a reaction to the antibotic itself ? ?

Also, If she has been on the antibotic 3 weeks - - - it has either done its job by now or it is not going to work and you will need to try something else . . .

Back
Top Bottom