hen swallowed elastic band ... help!

Autumn Mama

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
British Columbia,
okay, so my hen came into my kitchen and made off with an elastic band from the floor. she grabbed one before, i think she thought she found a very fine, albeit chewy worm.
hmm.png
when i followed her outside, and grabbed her to get it, she swallowed it. will this harm her? will it make it out through her digestive tract? at first the other day when she made off with one and we caught it, this was funny, but now i am a bit worried .... i'd say the elastic was about 2" in length, in a loop shape ... make sense? not terribly large, but not an edible material. any thoughts would be helpful. thank you.

Last edited:
She'll pass it as long as it didn't get looped around her tongue on the way down. Check her mouth to make sure it truly went down, and then wait for it to come out the other side. She should be fine.

She'll pass it as long as it didn't get looped around her tongue on the way down. Check her mouth to make sure it truly went down, and then wait for it to come out the other side. She should be fine.

...and i think i'll give her some bread soaked in olive oil and lots of grit ...that should at least help it to pass? i'm just hoping it doesn't twist on anything either, and get stuck.

Back
Top Bottom