Hen with blue-ish green wings... infection?

I've never seen anything like that before. I guess others haven't either because there are no answers to your questions. Is there any obvious injury or just a milt?

Does the area have a bad odor?

I'm not sure about the reason but I have seen a similar thread where a chicken's leg was turning greenish. Maybe her circulation was cut off or the weather was too cold?

Last edited:
it looks like the mold or fungus that grows on my trees. have u checked for mites? thats a very heavy molt. i too would like to know what this is. hope some one knows for sure

It does look like a bruise. But on both wings though? There is no odor and I have yet to see any mites. The temperature really hasn't gotten that cold yet. I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't seem to be affecting her much, as in, she doesn't seem like she's in any discomfort rather than losing all her feathers.

just googled on uncommon chicken disease its called blue wing disease its viral with a 60 % mortality rate and there is meds for it. i would guess this is it but im just relaying what i read

Back
Top Bottom