Hen with breathing issues at night

MariaChickenMama

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2022
I have a hen who appears fine during the day.... doing regular chicken activities such as eating, drinking, pecking and scratching, etc. but then at night when I'm watching her on the camera she appears to be heavy breathing. I put a drop of vetrx on the top of her head and under wings.

Here's the crate I have her in.

What else can I do?

Attachments

• IMG_6678.jpeg
    IMG_6678.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 17
Well, I separated her when we still had a rooster he really spiked her in her back. she has a couple of issues. Like when I got her separated once one I noticed that she had a dirty butt so then when I cleaned her butt off a little bit then I noticed there was this like yellow stuff oozing out of it but I've been trying to clean it every day. And trying to get to a point where I can give her a bath when's a little bit warmer where we live at night because that's the only time I can really give her a bath because I work during the day. I haven't given her bath in the last couple days. I know that stresses her out so I wanted to be nice and warm when I give her a bath and so forth.

So while dealing with that, I noticed that she had this every time she would make noise it was like this honking noise not like a chicken chirp, but I have been noticing her now lately she's chirping a little bit, but not super loud. She's one of my little shy girls, I think. But every night I see her looking as if she's trying to breathe way up into the sky. I've been trying not to look at the camera because every time I do and I see her doing this I get all stressed out and then I have to go out there.

I just want all my chickens to be together again I just read that if she has like vent cleat, or respiratory issues that you should separate them

Back
Top Bottom