Hen with broken toe. Need splint advice.

BrahmaMom1797

Songster
May 18, 2017
Hello all!
I’m posting for a friend. One of her three hens recently learned how to get into the garden which had been closed off to her a few weeks back. Her mother had put several rat traps in the garden, one of which she had stepped onto. The hen now has a definite broken toe and I was wondering how everyone helps their babies heal? I was thinking about a possible popsicle stick splint wrapped with some athletic bandages and tape, but would like some advice before I tell her what to do just in case that idea is not a good one.
Thank you!

Hello all!
I’m posting for a friend. One of her three hens recently learned how to get into the garden which had been closed off to her a few weeks back. Her mother had put several rat traps in the garden, one of which she had stepped onto. The hen now has a definite broken toe and I was wondering how everyone helps their babies heal? I was thinking about a possible popsicle stick splint wrapped with some athletic bandages and tape, but would like some advice before I tell her what to do just in case that idea is not a good one.
Thank you!
She should be okay you just have to watch to make sure she's eating enough because if they're in pain sometimes they won't eat and you have to feed them by hand in a syringe

She should be okay you just have to watch to make sure she's eating enough because if they're in pain sometimes they won't eat and you have to feed them by hand in a syringe
Good to know! As far as I hear she’s still interested in food, just hurts too much to move.

Back
Top Bottom